Want to Learn More about Dental Care?
It is very important to be knowledgeable about dental care for you and your family. By knowing how to properly brush your teeth, floss, and perform other general dental care maintenance, you can prevent the onset of cavities and other dental health problems.
Between regular visits to the dentist, there are simple steps that each of us can take to greatly decrease the risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease and other dental problems. These include:
- Brush thoroughly twice a day and floss daily
- Eat a balanced diet and limit snacks between meals
- Use dental products which contain fluoride, including toothpaste
- Rinse with a flouride mouth rinse if advised to do so
- Make sure children under 12 drink fluoridated water or take a fluoride supplement if they live in a non-fluoridated area
- Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months
The following are indications of good oral hygiene:
- Your teeth are clean and free of debris
- Gums are pink and do not hurt or bleed when you brush or floss
- Bad breath is not a constant problem
The links below offer great resources for you to learn more about dental care and dental precedures. As well, there are links for kids that offer fun games and information of dental care for kids.